The overall focus of this cooperational project EMIKA is the interdisciplinary research on and the development of information-technology for museums. Together with the HTW Berlin, the Foundation Jewish Museum Berlin as well as small and medium-sized enterprises (KMU) in the region Berlin-Brandenburg exemplary applications and services for the following branches were developed and used practically:
- information technology for museums, from which information can be given to users automatically, partly personalized and in a diversity of medial forms for a variety of devices (eLearning and centres of information, personalized catalogues, internet, mobile devices)
- digital mobile guides for museums and exhibitions to inform visitors
- preparation and production of personalized exhibition catalogues (printed or digital) considering the copyright of the owner
- interactive usable parts for communicative inclusion and intensified preoccupation with the items of the exhibition by the visitors of museums, galleries and exhibitions
- eBar for the expansion of museums and exhibitions above their spaces and houses
At the end of the project the opportunity of founding a service company based on technology in cooperation with the centre for entrepreneurialshi at the HTW Berlin was considered. Moreover targeted future learning events should help to reduce the participant’s deficits and increase new competences.